Bernie’s Book Bank
External Brand Awareness, Communications Strategy and Public Relations
Inspired by the mission of this start-up non-profit, RED President Catherine Driscoll focused solely on this client for one year to help the organization at a critical time of its development. Through the application of a broad branding and awareness strategy, Catherine and the organization were able to launch Bernie’s Book Bank to make it a household name in the Chicagoland area.
Highlights of her work completed in just one year included the development of:
- An integrated communications strategy with a consistent voice and messages
- A strategic communications and business development process that streamlines community relations activity for this very lean organization
- A new branded website, www.berniesbookbank.org
- A robust social media presence
- A customer relationship management database that now includes more than 4,500 contacts
- A monthly newsletter that enjoys open rates twice the national average, now received by more than 3,500 people
- The development of 20 videos that appear on its well-watched You Tube channel, http://www.youtube.com/user/berniesbookbank
- An extensive PR / media campaign that generated hundreds of newspaper and magazine articles, radio announcements, and television appearances on major networks (NBC Chicago, ABC Chicago, WGN Chicago, WBBM Chicago).
As a result of these activities, Bernie’s Book Bank saw its growth triple in major metrics of books donated, books distributed, children served, volunteers engaged and funding achieved.
“I have been a Bernie’s Book Bank board member for a few years and had the pleasure of working with Catherine while she was on the Board as well as after she moved into a full-time position. She is simply a very effective and hard-working person who gets the job done come hell or high water. She would be a productive member of any organization that she works for or with.”
Graham Cook, Partner, Business Development & Marketing, Copia Capital LLC, Member, Board of Directors, Bernie’s Book Bank
“Catherine is organized, energetic and very professional. She helped develop and implement a successful campaign to increase awareness for the organization. Her efforts culminated in multiple articles, television news bytes and web traffic to the Bernie’s Book Bank website. Catherine’s greatest strength is her ability to clearly communicate the message she is tasked with delivering.”
Benjamin Rubin, Vice President, Lake Forest Bank & Trust, Member, Board of Directors, Bernie’s Book Bank